Navigating Your Child’s Coming Out Journey Together
All parents desire the best for their children, but many are caught off-guard when their child comes out as LGBTQ+. They are unsure of what to say and/or how to react or even “what this means.” LGBTQ+ youth can also face some unique challenges that parents often feel unprepared to tackle. In this webcast you’ll learn how to navigate this journey, find support, and ensure everyone’s well-being.
This webcast welcomes parents, educators, professionals, and the community at large.
During this webcast, we discussed:
- Understanding the coming out process for young people
- Exploring and normalizing common reactions when a child comes out
- Learning how to compassionately support you and your child during their coming out process
- Hear from a parent about their experience and journey
- Dr. Jason Bolton (He/Him, Moderator), VP of Admissions & Community Partnerships at The Help Group
- Jay Baldwin (They/Them), Program Director of The Help Group’s Kaleidoscope
- Christina K. (She/Her) – Proud Parent
To learn more about our programs and services, please visit…