Supporting LGBTQIA+ DCFS Youth
Kaleidoscope has partnered with the Department of Children and Family Services to provide comprehensive support to DCFS youth who identify as LGBTQ+. Our LGBTQ+ Tailored Services Program provides free case management, collateral services, resources and mentorship for LGBTQ+ youth and their families, ages 2-25, who have a current or previous case with DCFS.
Our Tailored services are created to:
- Promote greater health and well-being for LGBTQ+ youth
- Promote LGBTQ+ affirming behaviors and outcomes in biological and resources families who have LGBTQ+ youth
- Help families work towards and maintain family reunification and/or permanency
Currently this program is available for all DCFS Involved Youth and their families who reside in Service Planning Area (SPA) 2.
- The Help Group –SPA 2
- Penny Lane Centers –SPAs 1 & 7
- LA LGBT Center –SPAs 3, 4, 5 & 6
- The LGBTQ Center in Long Beach –SPA 8