Advance LA offers the answer to one of the most frequently asked questions by parents of teens and young adults with special needs, “What happens next?” Their personalized program provides clients with autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, executive functioning difficulties and learning differences the experiences and opportunities necessary to lead a fulfilling adult life. They offer coaching services and support groups, as well as workshops and conferences for young adults, parents, and industry professionals.
Their qualified staff and coaches provide resources, support, and training to those who may be struggling with the challenges of higher education, entering the workforce, independent living, and other issues. They take a personalized approach that helps them progress and provides what they need to lead a more fulfilling life.
They offer much-needed support based on individual needs in several key areas:
- Executive Functioning: organization, time management, self-monitoring
- Internships and Careers: identifying strengths and interests, exploring possible vocational or career paths, learning job application and interview techniques
- Life Skills: increasing motivation, money management, self-advocacy, cooking, physical safety, utilizing public transportation, personal hygiene, accountability
- Social Connections: positive communication skills, building healthy social relationships with peers
- Academic Supports: academic coursework, exploring interests and passions that will lead to academic pursuits, assist with the application process, note-taking and study skills
- Health and Wellness: healthy eating and exercise habits and incorporating them into a daily routine, identifying individual stressors, learning effective coping strategies
To learn more, contact Jeri Rochman, MS at 818.779.5198 or email us here.